Inspired by authentic Italian cuisine straight from the old country, Backpacker's Pantry Risotto with Chicken is a healthy and nutritious, gourmet freeze-dried camping meal. Protein-packed with over 23 grams of protein, this take on a classic recipe tastes like you’ve been stirring the risotto in a cast-iron skillet for hours. All while keeping the culinary texture and fragrant aroma of this Italian staple in every succulent bite.
- Creamy blend of parmesan cheese, rice, all-natural, white meat USDA chicken, broccoli, corn, onion, bell pepper & tomato
- 10-year shelf life (exact expiration date found on product packaging)
- 580 calories per pouch
- 31g of protein per pouch
- 1 serving per pouch
Backpacker's Pantry Risotto w/ Chicken
PRECOOKED LONG GRAIN WHITE RICE, SAUCE (PARMESAN CHEESE (PARMESAN CHEESE (CULTURED PART-SKIM MILK, SALT, ENZYMES), DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, SALT), NONFAT MILK, MALTODEXTRIN, POTATO STARCH, SEA SALT, GARLIC, TORULA YEAST, SAVORY SOUP BASE (MALTODEXTRIN, SALT, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, YEAST EXTRACT, ONION POWDER, SILICON DIOXIDE, TURMERIC EXTRACT (COLOR), SUNFLOWER OIL), ONION, DEXTROSE, SUGAR, BLACK PEPPER, PARSLEY, BASIL, GLUTEN-FREE TAMARI SAUCE (TAMARI SAUCE (SOYBEANS, SALT), MALTODEXTRIN, SALT)), FREEZE-DRIED WHITE CHICKEN MEAT, BROCCOLI, SWEET CORN, ONION, BELL PEPPER, TOMATO.
ALLERGENS: CONTAINS: Milk and Soy
NOTE: Every lot of Backpacker's Pantry gluten-free products is tested to <20ppm.
- Remove and discard enclosed oxygen absorber before beginning food preparation.
- Add 1-3/4 cups (420 mL) of boiling water.
- Stir well, seal pouch, wait 8 minutes.
- Stir again, reseal, wait 7 more minutes. Enjoy!
- Rehydration time doubles every 5,000 feet of elevation gain. Directions are set for 5,000 feet.